Apollo Amateur Night Auditions are open to singers, dancers, comedians, rappers, spoken word artists and musicians ages 5 and older. Amateur performances of all styles are welcome. Those chosen from the audition will have the chance to appear at the Apollo Amateur Night and perform on stage at the Apollo Theater in New York.
- Auditions are open to anyone who does not have a contract with a major recording label, television or film studio.
- Each contestant will have up to 90 seconds to audition.
- There will not be a band on site. Singers may bring a CD or perform a cappella.
- Dancers should bring a CD for their performance.
- If bringing a CD for the audition, it cannot be in CD-RW format.
- All musicians should bring their own instruments.
- All auditions should be in good taste and with no profanity (including the “N” word)
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children’s category age requirement: 5 to 15 years of age.
- Judges will only see the first 300 acts if time permits.
- There are cash prizes at the end of each evening's Amateur Night competition.
- In the “Child Star of Tomorrow” category, the first place winner of the season finale will receive $2,000.
- During the season finale the first place winner receives a cash prize of $10,000.
For Amateur Night at the Apollo live show audition information click here
More information about Amateur Night at the Apollo click here
Amateur Night at the Apollo is sponsored by Coca-Cola.